Monday, 8 September 2008

Learn Something New - Day 6

Here's the latest completed page. For the embossing I cut the cuttlebug embossing folder so the halves could be used at each end of the card front.

Thanks for looking

Sunday, 7 September 2008

Learn Something New - Day 5

I've decided I'm going to continue making a page a day throughout September, following Shimelle's sketches, but not the ethos of the class as I was getting far too confused, and wasn't enjoying it. Looking at the forum this morning it appears I may not be the only one as the number of people posting their daily page has dropped considerably over just five days, which is a real shame.

This is my latest Yule card, and therefore my latest page.

Thanks for looking :)


Friday, 5 September 2008

Learn Something New - day 4

I can't say I'm enjoying this year's Learn Something New as much as last year's - I'm totally confused about which day I'm on, and what I'm supposed to do, so I've just made a page! As I'm also making Yule cards, this is a photo of the latest, so this is going to be an album of my cardmaking!

Learn Something New - Day 3

Nothing new under the sun. When I made this Yule card last week I thought it was quite original. Then a member of the Stamping Mad forum posted some Christmas cards she had made ... and one was almost identical to mine!


Thursday, 4 September 2008

Learn Something New - day 2

I'm finding working a day behind very confusing - here I am, on the 4th of the month, posting a page I made on the 3rd of what happened on the 2nd. Being a bear of very little brain I think I prefer marmalade sandwiches!

The lesson I learned (two days ago) is that photographing metal is difficult. Waaaaay back in my art degree days I remember creating an elaborate open-sided 'box' of white gauze fabric in which to photograph metal sculptures without reflection, but I didn't have the wherewithal to hand.

Six by four metal challenge

September's Six by Four challenge on the Stamping Mad forum is to use metal in any form. It took three attempts before I managed an image I would show to anyone!

After embossing the holly tree, and before removing the stencil, I added some of my new alcohol inks to the leaves and berries. This was a little more successful than the previous attempt on vellum, but the jury is still out on whether I like them or not.

Thanks for looking

Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Day One

Today, the second day of September, we were to scrap something that happened yesterday - apparently we will be one day behind all though the month, which could be difficult for someone easily confused!

Yesterday I received, and tried for the first time, some alcohol inks, using them to make ATCs for this month's swap on Stamping Mad forum.

I had been warned they are messy, and they are! However, I'm not sure the final result is worth the mess - the photograph makes it look much more interesting! I'm not at all sure I like alcohol inks after all, but at least my ATCs are made very early in the month, for a change!