Saturday 22 March 2008

My first ... circle accordian book

Last Yule I bought myself a couple of surprise presents as usual, something I began about ten years ago. I wrap them up, label them from me to me with love, and put them under the tree with all the others. Each year I'm so glad I did, as my husband and son seem to think I appreciate little kitchen gadgets ....

One of my 'surprises' last year was Alisa Golden's Expressive Handmade Books - a fantastic book that is very reasonably-priced, and full of beautiful diagrams and loads of useful information.

In February the Stamping Mad Forum's Virtual Crafting Challenge was on Inks, and I used the opportunity to catalogue some of my stamps. I noticed I had quite a few daisy stamps and threatened to make a mini-book called A Field of Daisies.

Now that my playroom is organised and tidy I have time to try my hand at one of the books illustrated in Alisa Golden's book, so for my first try at a circle accordian book, I have made A Field of Daisies. Here are a few photographs of the (almost) finished book - there are a few empty pages awaiting new stamps I have on order ...

The pages are made from a Brenda Pinnick Scrapbook Paper Pad. I had started off by painting my own background paper, but it refused to lie flat when dry! Back to the drawing board on that one - in fact, I should really have stretched the paper properly first, but I was in too much of a hurry to get started...

Circle accordian book opened up to show its form.

For this I used the central part of the small Windsong Treasure Box stamp and coloured with Marvy pens.

Stamp is Inca's Daisy Squares, coloured with Pearly Watercolour paints from The Works (offline until April).

Various punches used on iridescent cardstock.

I'm now looking forward to my next handmade book... when I can think of a subject ...


No comments:

Post a Comment