Thursday 20 September 2007

Day 19

Today we were asked to think of someone who had affected our lives, perhaps without ever meeting them. I was immediately reminded of Joyce Grenfell, who achieved so much more than "George, don't do that!"

I was a great fan of Joyce Grenfell's work, and always intended to write to thank her for the pleasure she gave me. Then she died, and it was too late.

Since then, whenever someone's performance has particularly impressed or moved me I have written such letters immediately, and have had some lovely replies.

In designing the layout of the page, we were asked to create curves with anything to hand. I used a CD for the semi-circle in the patterned paper, and a cup to isolate the face. I added the quote Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today, and hand- wrote the name. I still don't like my own writing!



No comments:

Post a Comment