Saturday 19 April 2008

Day 5

Derwent's Inktense water soluble pencils give "an ink-like translucence". My technique is not good enough to achieve the solid, flat colour that I was trying for on this doodle. Perhaps I would find them more suitable for flower drawings, where the variation in texture is an advantage.

I became so frustrated with my poor technique that I finished off the doodle with Caran d'Ache Neocolour crayons, used dry. This provided the deeper colours of red and yellow.



While surfing yesterday I discovered several step-by-step projects on the Derwent Pencils website. Although I only have an old set of their Graphic pencils, rather than the soluble Graphtone used in this demo, I gave it a whirl. This is the result.



Back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment